End of Arm Tooling Types
Robotic grippers have become essential tools in multiple industries, and you need to make sure you get the most out of your robotic gripper as well. This means learning more about end of arm tooling types, which can significantly change the application of your robotic grippers. Take a look at a few examples of end of arm tooling, and find the right option to help you meet your needs.
What Is End of Arm Tooling for Robots?
End of arm tooling, which is commonly known as end effectors, are specific devices that are attached to the end of a robot arm. Devices come in many shapes and forms, so you can customize this tool to control the applications of your robot. They make it easier for your robot to interact with the environment, taking the form of robot risks.
During the past few years, end of arm tooling for robots has changed significantly. With new devices coming on the market regularly, it is possible for you to customize your tool to meet the needs of your project. No matter what industry in which you operate, you can customize your tools to help the robot meet the needs of your project without having to purchase an entirely new robot.
Popular Types of EOAT in Robot Applications
There are several popular types of EOAT in robot applications. A few key examples include:
- Grippers: There are tools you can put on the end of your robot that help you grip a piece you are working on.
- Welding Torches: You can take advantage of robots that have welding torches, which are helpful in metal applications.
- Force-Torque Sensors: You can use force-torque sensors to make sure you apply the right amount of force without damaging your workpiece.
- Material Removal Tools: There are specific tools you can use to delicately remove material from your piece.
- Tool Changers: There are tools you can use that will help you change the tooling on your robot with ease.
- Rotary Attachments: You can take advantage of rotary attachments, which can help you provide rotational force to the piece you are working on.
You should work with a professional who can help you find the best type of robot to meet your needs.
Applications of End of Arm Tooling
There are several popular applications of end of arm tooling for robot grippers. A few examples include:
- You can customize the vacuum end on a robot to change the area in which your vacuum might be able to operate.
- You can change the weight of the arm itself to accelerate the project, making it easier for the robot to move.
- You can also use these robot tools to help you with sheet metal grippers.
- You can alter the tools on the end of your robot to make it easier for you to manufacture certain devices.
- You can also change the bag attached to the robot to make it suitable for certain situations.
- You can change the arm on the end of the robot to meet the needs in the food and beverage industry.
These are just a few of the many applications that are available. If you want to get the most out of the tools on the end of your robot, you need to work with a professional team that can help you get there.
Gripshare for Your EOAT Needs
If you are looking for help with end of arm tooling, then you need to work with a professional team that can help you get the most out of your robot. That is where we can assist you. We are Gripshape, and we have access to a wide variety of tools you can use to help your robot excel. We will meet with you personally, customizing your robot attachments to meet your needs. Then, we can help you find the robot with the right features to help you deliver for your clients and production team. Our experts work hard to stay up-to-date on the latest information in the field because we understand this is the best way to meet your expectations. Give us a call today to speak to a member of our team!